On the night of Oct. 29, 2022, 159 young lives were lost in a packed alley in Itaewon, Seoul.
The book "We Are in Itaewon Now," (a literal translation of the Korean title) (Changbi Publishers), released ahead of the first anniversary of the tragedy, is the first published collection of interviews of the survivors and the bereaved families.
"I trust ordinary people. If they are given the right information and the facts, even those who cursed and criticized (the victims) will change their views ..." said one survivor in the book.
- [Today’s K
- Israeli military jets strike Gaza, says Hamas commander killed
- English chatbot services to be available for public bike users
- Kia unveils ‘tiger
- "조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- ‘It’s OK to put fried chicken, ramen on jesa table’
- Open hatred of Jews surges globally, inflamed by Gaza war
- Seoul shares open higher on US advance