Police have booked a man for the possession of a machete in what he claimed was part of a Halloween costume over the weekend, officials said Monday.
The 38-year-old man dropped the knife while drinking at a bar near Seohyeon Station in Bundang, south of Seoul, before picking it up and leaving the bar at 8:22 p.m. Sunday.
The bar's owner noticed the weapon and alerted police.
Police searched the area and apprehended him about 30 minutes later.
During questioning, the man claimed he was carrying the knife "because it is Halloween."
The police released him after securing his personal information and plan to investigate whether the weapon the suspect was carrying is subject to approval for possession. (Yonhap)
- S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
- N. Korean envoy rejects report on Hamas using N. Korean arms as 'groundless'
- 홍준표 "서울 메가시티, 시대 역행…尹정책과도 안맞아"
- [Korea Beyond Korea] From history and K
- Hyundai’s ‘Uni Wheel’ system gives more room for different car designs
- Jungkook ties record for most Billboard Hot 100 hits as K
- NCSoft to unveil new titles at G
- Sombre palaces, tombs swathed in fall colors